Banda Singh Bahadur was a warrior who fought alongside Dashame Paatshahi Guru Gobind Singh ji
He was a brave warrior who gave up his life fighting the Mughals , that’s all I knew
And then I was told that there was more so I googled and Wikipedia told me heartbreaking stories about Banda Ji
I asked my mom - so why do you not hate Muslims , why do you not despise them .. they killed warriors , they murdered young children , tortured women and murdered the Sahebjaade
Her answer was simple - cos the Gurus did not teach to hate .They taught only to protect ; our beliefs , faith and Sikhi . Their message was to fight for the right and never give up . They were not anti - Muslim , they were pro Sikhi .
So they led by example . Their lesson to us was to protect our faith at all cost . Be courageous and stand for what you believe in no matter what the price .
Guru Gobind Singhji asked for no one to build anything in His remembrance such was His greatness .
My idols continue to be
Gandhi for his truthfulness
Mother Teresa for her compassion
Guru Gobind Singh ji for His courage
Vashi uncle for His selflessness
Bapa for His humility
No comments:
Post a Comment